Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Les Mills Combat Hybrid Schedule with HIIT Plyo (Post workout Smoothie too)

Today was my fourth Les Mills Combat workout and the first one I was able to do all the way through!

I did what's listed as the 4th workout in the Les Mills "Combat Warrior" schedule, the easiest of the 3 schedules that comes with the program.   Don't get intimidated though by the title "Combat Warrior"!  It's actually got several rest days and many days the workout suggested is only 30 minutes long, so really no excuse not to do it!



It's one of the reasons I chose to do Les Mills combat right now because it's so easy to fit it in with other obligations.   In this short video, I talk about the schedule I'm doing and how I modified it for my triathlon "off-season" training blocks where I want to primarily improve my running.

The plyo, leg work is very helpful for improving running economy among other things.

I find it VERY challenge right now so I just modify according to the video and if I don't feel it's safe for me to continue some of the plyo or go quite as deep in the moves, I just march or jog in place.

Aftwards I REALLY look forward to some kind of a post-workout shake since I want to hydrate and refuel and don't feel like "fixing" a meal...I need something quick and easy and good for me.  Guess what I use?  Shakeology!   Right now I'm enjoying the vanilla Shakeology and adding various things to see what I like the most.

Try this recipe:
Ginger & Spinach Shakeology, Post-Workout Smoothie
1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
1 large handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
1 small handful of strawberries
1 tbs of flax seed
12-16 oz of filtered water, to suit your desired thickness.

Check out the video to see my reaction to how it tastes (and what I did after I turned the camera off! )


No comments: