Tuesday, January 07, 2014

p90x3 Day 2 - Agility X

I'll start with summarizing how I felt on Day 2 after waking up this AM. First of all, I had an amazing night's sleep yesterday.  Getting physically active again helps me sleep soundly through the whole night. That for one is a welcome change.  Why go to a doc for sleeping pills when it can be fixed with 30 minutes with Tony Horton?

Throughout the day my upper arms and lats felt nicely and lightly sore...not like I did a ton of work, because I did everything lightly yesterday. But I could feel that I had done something.

Here' sthe best part...for at least 18 hours post exercise (keep in mind this was the first exercise of this kind in 6 weeks...that is, a full body, weight bearing type of activity), I had zero discomfort in my  upper back and in my right shoulder...two places that had been bothering me quite a bit.

I'm now fully convinced that my right rotator cuff discomfort was flared up by tight pecs from sitting & typing posture and not actively stretching my pecs or working my shoulders. So for that alone...reduction in pain and Sound sleeping, I'd gladly do Day 1's Total Synergistics over and over again.   Better than the best medicine, and cheaper than an MRI.


Now to day 2, Agility X.
WOW...I'm spent.  Amazing that so many different activities can take place in a 4 foot by 4 foot box.  All new exercises and no equipment needed except for two strips of tape.  

At the start of Agility X I was doing the full minute or at least 50 seconds before petering out.  It hadn't even really occurred to me that I wasn't not doing the full round, albiet with not as much agility as the pros.

As the 30 minutes went on, I found myself doing 40 seconds, then 30 seconds and by the end of the workout I was pretty much on my knees faking the plyo pushups, lol.  I'm glad Tony wasn't really there.

Favorite quote from the day? I wasn't really listening enough to pick one, I was paying too much attention to getting all the moves right.

I'm looking forward to doing this one again, and getting the moves down so I can really go at it.

Favorite exercise?  I don't remember!  I think the cooldown at the end.  I"m sure that will change.

Thanks Tony & Thanks Beachbody for an amazing home DVD workout program!!!

2 comments:

J. Imsande said...

I also had your experience. I've been having numbness running along my left hip, down the leg, and tightness in my right shoulder. It DISAPPEARED after the workout, which also leads me to conclude that my inactivity in front of the computer monitor creates tightness, that makes me not want to work out, that makes me tighter... I've felt so great the first two days of this program.

Doc Shazam said...

Jen, it's pretty amazing isn't it? I feel even better after day 3.